Re: MigrationTools-40 and encrypted passwords

Em Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 11:34:47AM -0400, charlie derr escreveu:
> I am working on getting nss and pam ldap working, and am making good progress.  One problem seems to
> be when i use these MigrationTools (a collection of perl scripts) to try to move the users from a
> machine into the directory, the userPassword entries get stuck in as {crypt}, but somehow that isn't
> usable (i can't successfully bind to the server using the password that was set).  Does anyone know

It's ok to be {crypt} with an md5 hash, glibc (linux) will understand it.
A problem I had was that the md5 algorithm used by the client (in /etc/shadow, f.ex.) and
the one used by the ldap server were different due to linking problems.

Wil Cooley explains this in this mailling list post:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200103/msg00125.html

Perhaps that's the problem you are having. I applied that patch and hashes from /etc/shadow
in userPassword in the ldap server started working again.