From: John Green [mailto:green@blueheronbio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 11:36 AM
To: openldap-software (E-mail)
Subject: RE: broken pipe - serious problem with OpenLDAP 2.0.21

Just my two cents worth...
I recently set up an LDAP server w/Kerberos/SASL authentication. I am using
RH72. It worked nicely with the 2.0.11 rpms, but when I attempted the exact
same install with the 2.0.21 rpms it failed every time, no communication via
SASL to Kerberos. I had originally thought it was incompatibility with newer
LDAP/older SASL, but since then I've heard numerous stories about RH's
2.0.21 rpm not working for various reasons. I would probably place the blame
on that, rather than the LDAP version itself. If you want to use rpms (as I
did) I would recommend using the older version (also as I did).