Re: broken pipe - serious problem with OpenLDAP 2.0.21

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 10:49, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> I suggest you use different replicas for different tasks, e.g. one
> replica
> for mail routing and one for unix/samba auth, so you can use heavy log
> on the auth replica only and try to find more useful hints on the
> failure
> cause.

Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense.  I'm not using LDAP for anything
but authentication.  Also I simply do not have other machines available
to set up a secondary LDAP server.  Besides, the problem isn't
necessarily being caused by the mail server.  It's a system-wide failure
with causes unknown.  IE all clients, samba, unix, etc all can't talk to
ldap and thus can't authenticate users.  The sendmail thing is just a
symptom of something somewhere else.  If I turn on heaving logging on
the authentication replica (supposing I did as you suggest), logins will
get really slow.

Michael

--
Public key available from http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem