Re: ldap master/master/slave propagation

>I am using open ldap 2.0.11 on linux redhat 7.1 (with
>2.4.13 kernel) and I would like to implement the
>following scenario.
>I would like to have an ldap server which acts as a
>slave to one ldap server, but as a master to another
>set of servers.  Is this possible ?
>the reason I want this -- is for centralized
>management, I would like to have 1 ldap MASTER MASTER
>server at the company headquarters, which updates all
>the satelite office ldap master servers via replica
>propagation... but the satellite office master
>servers, should update the slave servers at each
>office location...
>If the way that I suggested doesnt work, can anyone
>suggest a different way?

How would changes from MASTER be replicated to MASTER MASTER?
The administrative people at the MASTER MASTER location would never see
changes made to a lowly MASTER.

You can daisy-chain replication: MASTER->SLAVE->SLAVE and all the
changes from the slaves should be referred back to the MASTER.  Changes
are usually pretty infrequent (passwords, etc..) and don't use much
bandwidth.

Or you could MULTIMASTER<->MULTIMASTER but you cannot chain replication
if you are using MULTIMASTER.