Antwort: linking OpenLDAP binaries statically

Why not using the archive ?
Compile the libs and then edit the Makefile of /clients/tools
My statical linkage of my client program looks like this:

 gcc -Wall test.c -o test /usr/lib/libldap.a /usr/lib/liblber.a
/usr/lib/libssl.a /usr/lib/libnsl.a /usr/lib/libresolv.a
/usr/lib/libcrypt.a /usr/lib/libdb.a  /usr/lib/libsasl.a
/usr/lib/libcrypto.a /usr/lib/libdl.a   /usr/lib/libl.a

The archives are all build or included in the packages.
Now the program is much more bigger because all libs are compiled in.
Franz Skale
mainwork information technology AG
Tech Gate Vienna
Donaucitystrasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 333 48 58-0
Fax: +43 1 333 48 58-24
e-mail: f.skale@mainwork.com
Internet: http://www.mainwork.com

                    Olivier Piras
                    <opiras@partner.auchan.com        An:     openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                    >                                 Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:                     Thema:  linking OpenLDAP binaries statically
                    08.04.2002 10:43

good day gentlemen,

my client is in the process of moving its whole IT infrastructure to
for that purpose, we are integrating a messaging solution based on qmail

the trouble is that we can't seem to get OpenLDAP binaries linked
the following commands:

LDFLAGS='-L/AIT/db/lib -L/AIT/openssl/lib -static'
CPPFLAGS='-I/AIT/db/include -I/AIT/openssl/include'

./configure --prefix=/AIT/openldap \
             --enable-static        \

..don't work as expected here (with both OpenLDAP 2.0.21 and 2.0.23 on
Linux RedHat 7.2);  the package builds, but we still end up with
linked binaries.

from what I can see from the OpenLDAP Software Mailing List archive,
someone (markwhitehouse@home.com) ran into the same problem
last november.  it seems however that no repsonse was posted on the
list at that time, and I wasn't able to contact Mark personnally.

did anybody have a chance to look at this ?

   best regards,