Re: Search Filters

> ldapsearch -x -L -b "o=somedomain.com" "(&(sn<=a)(sn>=g))" sn
>
> The search work fine against NetScape's directory server but returns
> nothing against openldap.  No errors are returned either.
>
> Has anyone had any success using these filter operators?

I'm still using the OpenLDAP 1.2 mainly (Debian Stable), but:
	ldapsearch -L -b "dc=mydomain" "(&(sn>=a)(sn<=g))"

works.  However, I do notice your search filter is trying for *less than*
a AND *greater than* g, which is impossible, I do believe.  Perhaps you
want &(sn>=a)(sn<=g) ? (a to g)

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...