Re: Sory: IPv6 yes but **IPv4** no???

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 07:13:23PM +0000, Cecilia Cabrera wrote:
> > As you can see, ssh is listed both under tcp (IPv4) AND tcp6 (IPv6), yet
> > on port 389 it's only listening for tcp6. Am i right??
> >
> > I've search through the web and mail-archives yet i haven't found anything
> > enlightening. Can anybody give me a hint?

OpenLDAP uses one socket to bind to the IPv6 any address, and this is
supposed to cover IPv4 as well (using so called mapped addresses). On
NetBSD this behavior seems to be off by default. I think there is a
systemwide setting on NetBSD to turn it on, but don't ask me how. You
should be able to work around this by doing say

	slapd -h ldap://0.0.0.0

if you want IPv4 only, or if you want both, I think

	slapd -h "ldap://[::] ldap://0.0.0.0";

should work.

Stig