Re: slapcat with option -b?

Susanne Benkert writes:

I have a problem with slapcat:

Serveral times I tried to create a LDIF from a subtree of my ldap-directory (openldap-2.0.23) using

slapcat -b "ou=teil,ou=myorganization,o=de"

but every time it failed - I got LDIFs of my whole database.

What did I wrong? Is there any other possibility to create LDIFs of subtrees?

To my knowledge, -b selects a NAMING CONTEXT, not a subtree; if you have
multiple databases with different naming contexts, you can use this option
to select which database you want to cat. Then, the whole database
gets cat.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati