Re: slapcat with option -b?

Susanne Benkert writes:

Hi,

I have a problem with slapcat:

Serveral times I tried to create a LDIF from a subtree of my ldap-directory (openldap-2.0.23) using

slapcat -b "ou=teil,ou=myorganization,o=de"

but every time it failed - I got LDIFs of my whole database.

What did I wrong? Is there any other possibility to create LDIFs of subtrees?

To my knowledge, -b selects a NAMING CONTEXT, not a subtree; if you have
multiple databases with different naming contexts, you can use this option
to select which database you want to cat. Then, the whole database
gets cat.

Pierangelo.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati