Re: EGD not used?

OpenLDAP users,

I'm having a problem getting the TLS_RANDFILE directive to work (described in previous email below), unless I'm not using it right. The manpage on ldap.conf specifies that it is used by ldap clients:

DESCRIPTION
     The ldap.conf configuration file is used to set  system-wide
     defaults  to  be  applied when running ldap clients.  If the
     environment variable LDAPNOINIT is defined,  all  defaulting
     is disabled.

However after configuring TLS_RANDFILE=/var/run/egd-pool (using PRNGD here), I'm still receiving the following error when trying to intialize an SSL connection to my ldap server:

bash-2.03# /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldap.slb.com -b o=slb,c=an alias=sromero dn
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
additional info: error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded

Any ideas on the usage of this directive?

Thanks.

Regards,
Steve Romero

Re: EGD not used?