RE: Openldap/Outlook 2000

First let me say I have not tested this yet, but am planning on it in the
near future. With Outlook you can try this: in corporate/workgroup mode an
account can be added (tools > accounts) for an MS Directory Service, but in
Internet only mode you can add an Internet (LDAP) Directory. Your choice, I
would go with the I-O mode with an IMAP server. First you will have to make
sure you have all the right attributes describing your users that Outlook
will look for. Below is a list I found, although again I have not tested
this, and I haven't found relevant attributes for I-O mode yet. I will know
for sure in about a week, at which time I am planning on being so fed up
with Outlook as a horrible IMAP client that I will be running a web-based
mail interface.  Good luck!

Outlook 2K (workgroup mode)/ Outlook XP:

commonName
department
display-name
givenName
mail
organizationalUnitName
organizationName
physicalDeliveryOfficeName
postalAddress
2roleOccupant
surname
telephoneNumber
title

Note:  outlook uses the 'mail' attribute for the email address, some LDAP
servers (Netscape) declare this as 'rfc822mailbox'. Linking
mail->rfc822mailbox makes it work.
Note: Outlook 2K/XP does not query LDAP for a users' PKI certificate,
Outlook express does.