Problem with SQL Backend

I installed Mandrake 8.1 recently and it comes with OpenLDAP 2.0.14
I am having troubles starting LDAP with the SQL Backend... The LDAP service starts just fine with every other module but when i try to load the SQL module in the
slapd.conf it just fails to start the service.

Does anyone had this kind of trouble before?
The logs aren't much helpfull... if i don't load the module they say "SQL database unknown", if i load the module they just say "slapd start failed".

I tryed also installing the source of OpenLDAP 2.0.23 with the ./configure --enable-sql=yes but i had the same kind of problem.
With ./configure --with-module-sql it gave me an error installing wich i don't remember, but it was something like "invalid option set to yes"

Any help on this matter would be apreciated.
If i am posting to the wrong list, my apologies. From the website it seemed the most correct list to post this kind of troubles.

Atentamente,
Nuno Branco

Markdata - Informação para Gestão, Lda.
R. Padre Luís Aparício, n.º 10 - 3º