sex, secret-question attribute

hi all,
i am developing a user registration script that stores userinfo in my ldap db.
i have included the following schema into my slapd.conf: core, cosine,
inetorgperson, nis and qmail.

my registration form consisted of several fields that i am not able to use
their values directly into ldap. these includes date-of-birth, gender,
secret-question. how do i add those fields into the existing schema or is it
*normal* to insert all these into one field, say, using seeAlso attribute and
separate them with something like the '|' character; so that i can
programatically extract them?

this is my first big project with ldap. i hope someone can advise.

tia

--
roger