Re: sex, secret-question attribute

quote Roger Thomas (18.2.2002):

> hi all,
> i am developing a user registration script that stores userinfo in my ldap db.
> i have included the following schema into my slapd.conf: core, cosine,
> inetorgperson, nis and qmail.
>
> my registration form consisted of several fields that i am not able to
> use their values directly into ldap. these includes date-of-birth,
> gender, secret-question. how do i add those fields into the existing
> schema or is it *normal* to insert all these into one field, say, using
> seeAlso attribute and separate them with something like the '|'
> character; so that i can programatically extract them?

Hi Roger,

ok, you can not use the seeAlso because it is from syntax a DN.
see core.schema:
attributetype ( 2.5.4.34 NAME 'seeAlso' SUP distinguishedName )

My approach in such things is:
- research, if there is an RFC or another schema-standard (CIM) that fits
  your needs
- create your own attributeTypes and use them in your own objectClass
  Your will need OIDs for creating your own attributeTypes and objectClasses
  (search in this list for help about this)

if have spent 5 minutes to write this schema, you only need your own OIDs.
I hope, someone other can review them and we can discuss about
schema-writing.

attributetype ( x.x.x.x.x.x
        NAME 'sex'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
        SINGLE-VALUE )

attributetype ( x.x.x.x.x.x
        NAME 'birth'
        EQUALITY generalizedTimeMatch
        ORDERING generalizedTimeOrderingMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.24
        SINGLE-VALUE )

attributetype ( x.x.x.x.x.x
        NAME 'secretQuestion'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{1024}
        SINGLE-VALUE )

objectclass ( x.x.x.x.x.x NAME 'formPerson'
	SUP inetOrgPerson
	AUXILIARY
	MAY ( sex $ birth $ secretQuestion ) )

   Sebastian Dietzold