Own attributetype question

Hi, all!
I have no wide experience in an openldap software and have a few questions:
How can I define my own attributetype which values must be taken from some enumerated set of values?

For example:
attributetype 'systemSlot' must be one from the {'ISA' | 'PCI' | 'EISA' | 'MCI'} set and nothing else.

Are attribute syntaxes built into software or can I define them externally (as well as 'attributetype' and 'objectclass')?
So, can I extend a set of RFC's defined attribute sysntaxes and matching rules without editing software?

								Sincerely Yours
								Alexander Khokhlov
								E-Mail: mailto:mailer@cbsd.donetsk.ua
								ICQ# 133672930