back-perl and password/user synchronization

Hi,

I am looking into a project to get password/user synchronization between Windows 2000 and various UNIX systems using OpenLDAP.

I would like the main user repository to be a ldap server, so solutions like SAMBA's winbind and PAM Kerberos have been ruled out.

My plan is to use back-perl and a perl script on the main ldap server that would route any add/delete/modify queries request concerning entries in the user or group organizational units, to an a OpenLDAP server on Windows 2000 and also to a server running on a UNIX server. eg...

                                    --> main Win2K OpenLDAP server

ldap query --> OpenLDAP/back-perl--

                                    --> main UNIX OpenLDAP server

On Win2k, I'd like the back-perl to catch the ldap queries concerning modify accounts and process those via our user administration scripts. Is back-perl available on Win2K? If it is not, would it be a significant under taking to port it over to Win2K?

I am new to back-perl, is it even capable of passing the query strings to external perl programs? Has anyone else done anything like this?

--Kervin

-- http://linuxquestions.org/ - Ask linux questions, give linux help.