Insertion of national characters using LDAP 2

Is it possible to insert national characters (norwegian æøå, that is ae oe
and aa) into the directory using LDAP2 and ANSI? We have and old application
which cannot read LDAP3 UTF-8, and therefore need to have the entired
directory bulk-loaded with LDAP2.

If this isn't possible I'm afraid OpenLDAP doesn't suit us, and we would
have to stop the project.

All help is appreciated!

Yours sincerely...
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, Morvikbotn 341, 5122 Morvik, 55195667, 48298152
jakob@grimstveit.net / j@grimstveit.net, www.grimstveit.net