unknown error: Index generation failed..during ldapadd

Hi all,
I have a openldap2.0.11 running on linux,i.e. "slapd",I am not able to add
entries to It, it gives the followig error.can any one tell me as where I am
going wrong.
My slapd.conf file is like this...
/***********slapd.conf************************************/
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
schemacheck     off
pidfile               /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile              /usr/local/var/slapd.args
database        ldbm
suffix          "o=magnaquest, c=IN"
rootdn          "cn=Manager, o=magnaquest, c=IN"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
# Indices to maintain
#index      cn,o       pres,eq,approx
/*********************************************************/
And the very first entry I am trying to add is ..my LDIF file...
/******************LDIF FILE**************************/
dn:  o=magnaquest, c=IN
objectClass: country
objectClass: organization
o: bmitsolution
c: IN
/***************************************************/

And I am submitting the following command..
[/usr/sbin]$ ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, o=magnaquest, c=IN" -w secret -f
/usr/sbin/testadd

I am getting the followin message ,can any one Pl help me in this.

OUTPUT:::::
adding new entry "o=magnaquest, c=IN"
ldap_add: Unknown error
        additional info: DN index generation failed

Now when I give it like this thru offline then......

$ ldif2ldbm -i /usr/sbin/testadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

OUTPUT:::::
ldif_record() = 80
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 114: expecting "requires"
or "allows" got "2.5.20.1"
<oc clause> ::= objectclass <ocname>
                [ requires <attrlist> ]

I have not changed any part of the file "core.schema" ,using the same file
that comes along with the source package.

thanks in advance
majeed.