Re: Problem with migrate to ldap authentication (Re Hat 7.2)

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 10:00, John Dalbec wrote:

> > adding new entry "dc=jecinc, dc=on, dc=ca"
> > ldap_add: Unknown error
> >         additional info: entry store failed
> This looks like an error from the backend.  You may be running out of space.
> What does 'df' say?  Do you have a filesize limit in /etc/security/limits.conf?
> Do your filesystems support files > 2GB?  (Well, I suppose the last question
> doesn't matter since AFAIK gdbm doesn't support files > 2GB.)

You may also want to double-check that you have all the correct schema's
loaded (and restart slapd once you've defined them).

> > ldif_record() = 80
> > Importing into LDAP...
> > ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
> > /usr/bin/ldapadd: returned non-zero exit status
> > [root@Pentium_75 migration]#

This error looks suspciously like the scripts have a hard-coded default
for the servername or IP.  Or that your server segfaulted and died at
this point.  Perhaps running an strace on the process (with -fF to
follow forks) would tell us a bit more.

> BTW I recommend RawHide OpenLDAP 2.0.19-1.  Among other improvements, it's
> multithreaded, so one process can't lock up the directory.
> John

I recommend the latest OpenLDAP version as well, I've had much better
success with it that earlier 2.x releases and the configuration is much
cleaner than the 1.x series.

Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett@developonline.com>
Sr. Unix Administrator
DevelopOnline.com                 office: 480-377-6816

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.