Re: OpenLDAP, PHP and OS X

Quinn Perkins wrote:

> I successfully built a version of PHP 4.0.6 for OS 10.1 with the instructions found at http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/php.html. It compiled without error using:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-apxs --with-zlib --with-
> ldap=/Users/quinn/Desktop/Services/ldap/ldap --disable-pear --enable-trans-sid
> After moving the libphp4.so and editing the httpd.conf file, I started the web server, but got the following error:
> dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
> _ldap_add_s
> _ldap_bind_s

> _ldap_value_free_len
> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
> Now...my OpenLDAP works fine. My PHP with LDAP compiled without error. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Your PHP module cannot find the OpenLDAP library when Apache starts.
You need to specify the path to the library (libldap.so*) for the PHP module. I am not a big expert in PHP nor in OS X, but it is either done by adding something
(extension_dir ?) in the php.ini file, or by adding the location to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It could be also ldconfig, if OS X uses FreeBSD-style loader.

         * *       Konstantin Chuguev           Francis House
      *      *     Application Engineer         112 Hills Road
    *              Tel: +44 1223 302992         Cambridge CB2 1PQ
D  A  N  T  E      WWW: http://www.dante.net    United Kingdom