Re: why does slurpd ignore my replogfile directive?

Dan Shriver wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am having problems doing replication.
>    I am specifing a custom directory for the replication logs,
> but when I try to launch slurpd it ignores the custom directory
> and (trying to find the default) kills itself when it can't find
> a directory to work with.
>    I had this problem earlier and solved it by using the
> directory it wanted to default to but I can't do that now
> (because I'm testing multimaster replication on one box... thus
> they'd all want to use the same directory and keep overwriting
> each others files).
>
> My slapd.conf has the line:
>
> replogfile /usr/local/var/master1_ldbm/replog1
>
> And when I debug I see that it is being read (but oddly also not
> used).  Slurpd says (in the end):
>
> /usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replica: No such file or directory

This is the location where __ slapd __ writes the operations
slurpd must take care of; but slurpd works in its own working
dir; to my knowledge you can change it by launching slurpd
with '-t /path/to/slurpd/working/dir/'.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |