First List Post & Hello

Greetings everyone...
This is my first post to this list and just wanted to say hello. I know little to nothing of LDAP and will probably ask some lame questions but I'll do my best to read the list archives first.
With that said here-a-goes my first question. Is it possible using a combo of slapd and slurpd to essentially replicate accounts on a mail server and sync spool files between them? If not are there any other options, or where is my understanding or lack thereof flawed around ldap?