Re: What am I doing wrong?

Here's more information on the problem I'm having with getting OpenLDAP to work properly.

As you can see in the attached slapd.conf file, TLS is enabled.  This was done as the default in the RPM created by Mandrake.  I don't have the file  /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem, and am not sure how to create it (or what it's for).  I've run /usr/share/openldap/gencerts.sh, which generated an ldap.pem file in that directory, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

I've also attached my ldap.log file.  In /etc/sysconfig/ldap I set the debug level to "4."  When I ran "/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap restart" I got these results.  I suspect this line:

Dec 11 10:23:04 surveyor slapd[19655]: daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)

is telling me something significant, but I'm not sure just what.  Is my problem here at an earlier level than ldap?  Is there some transport-level problem that I need to look for?  I'd appreciate any suggestions folks might be able to offer.

Data Network Coordinator and a kind word and
Bloomsburg University    unlimited power.
dloss@bloomu.edu               Ashleigh Brilliant