Re: From my perspective, nothing works

Hey Jonathon,
  I didn't catch the whole thread but I have PAM auth thru openldap-2.0.11
working on my end. I used the migration tools to move /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow into the ldap db. I also use ngrep on the ldap box to watch
the traffic come thru on port 389. The encryption that I'm using is Crypt,
I'm not sure whether or not SHA1 or MD5 work, I've never tried.
  If you need to see any of the configs that I'm using just let me know.

HTH,
Harry