Post.Office/InterMail password hashes

I'm in a situation where I'm migrating an e-mail system away from
Post.Office/InterMail. InterMail seems to use some sort of MD5 password
hashing; I'm curious if it's possible to convert it to something that
OpenLDAP can grok.

It's 64 characters long (hex encoded). From the (minimal) documentation I've
found, the first 32 characters are an MD5 hash and the latter 32 characters
are salt. OpenLDAP supports SMD5, so does it sound reasonable to convert
this password format from hex and base64-encode it, resulting in a usable
SMD5 hash that OpenLDAP will like? Has anyone done this before? :-)

thanks,
john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o