Re: granular setting of slapd size limit?

Thomas Gebhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as far as I can see the size limit is a global configuration
> option in slapd.conf and cannot be set on a per host basis.
>
> I don't want allow everyone to download large chunks of our
> database but give some administrators the possibility to
> browse through the data. So I'd like to run different size
> limits for different users/hosts. Is there any way to
> accomplish that goal?

Sure. See the man page for slapd.conf that comes with HEAD
code; this feature should come with the next minor release
(no back porting to 2.0 is planned).

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |