Re: OpenLDAP with tsl/ssl (repost - smtp problem)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:28:53AM +0100, Prune wrote:
>  >This seems to be my problem: i can't use the options -H or -Z from
>  >remote host. This always cause an error "Invalid option -H". (From local
>  >host everything is running fine.) My PHP seems to have a problem with
>  >using the URI instead of the hostname too. Even when I use "ldap_connect
>  >("ldap://FQDN";)" the script can't connect the LDAP server. But it's PHP
>  >4.0.6, so it should be able to handle URIs.
>  >
> I think so... never had time to try php and ldaps yet :)

ldapsearch need to be the OpenLDAP one, and the library used to
compile it need to have SSL/TLS enabled. If you use the libs and
the ldapsearch that was built/distributed together with slapd,
you should be okay.

PHP doesn't know URLs by itself, they are just passed to the
OpenLDAP API. As I said, if ldapsearch works with -H ldaps://...
then PHP should work as well if compiled with the same libs. If
you get ldapsearch to work and still have problems with PHP,
please ask on PHP mailing lists.

Stig