[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: probs w make install 2.0.18 under solaris8
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: probs w make install 2.0.18 under solaris8
- From: Philip Brown <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:10:27 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:45:29PM +1100
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.4i
On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:45:29PM +1100, Anthony Hill wrote:
> I'm trying to build openldap 2.0.18, but am having problems with the
> make install. ....
> mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
> ../../build/install-sh -c -m 755 -s ldapsearch /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch
> Abort - core dumped
you got a SHELLSCRIPT to dump core? impressive :-)
I suggest you either install GNU "install" (from fileutils or something)
as 'ginstall', or do "cp /usr/ucb/install /usr/local/bin/ginstall"
and rerun the configure script.
it should then automatically pick up and use ginstall, instead of