[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: SASL with OpenLDAP on Solaris 7 problem
- To: Mei-Hui Su <mei@ISI.EDU>
- Subject: Re: SASL with OpenLDAP on Solaris 7 problem
- From: Tim Murphy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 16:07:16 +0000
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- References: <200111282131.NAA22291@hammie.isi.edu>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:0.9.5) Gecko/20011014
Mei-Hui Su wrote:
Are you able to get sasl's sample code to run on solaris ??
Did you set your SASL_PATH ? or is that compiled into your
sasl libraries ??
When I run into 'no mechanisms" problem on solaris, I open
up the sys_log in sasl's lib/dlopen.c to see what is the
returning error from the dlopen call is.
Many thanks to you, Mei-Hui, and to John Dalbec for very helpful advice.
I have been getting "empty" responses when I use ldapsearch to find the
list of SASL mechanisms supported by my slapd (by requesting the
"supportedSASLmechanisms" object). This problem occurred on Solaris 7
but not when I compiled everything on Redhat Linux 7.2.
I seem to have found the problem:
I built cyrus-sasl and installed it in /usr/local. The install put
all the default plugins (which seem to provide the various mechanisms)
in "/usr/local/lib/sasl" but somehow or other the sample server (and
OpenLDAP also, I assume) are looking in "/usr/lib/sasl." No plugins are
found so no mechanisms are available. As a temporary fix I'm linking
/usr/lib/sasl to /usr/local/lib/sasl but there is obviously something
that needs to be fixed.
This could be a problem with the configure script which I ran in the
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-des=/usr/local --enable-static
--enable-gssapi --enable-plain --enable-cram --enable-scram
--enable-digest --with-staticsasl --with-dblib=gdbm --enable-digest
As can be seen I didn't set the plugin dir (PLUGINDIR in config.h) and
it was assumed to be the default, /usr/lib/sasl. Nevertheless the
installation put the plugins in the correct place, /usr/local/lib/sasl.
It might be a bash/sh problem as, this being Solaris, /bin/sh is the
real "sh" rather than bash "dressed up" as sh.
Anyhow I'll post more when I know how to fix it properly but anyone who
has had the same problem might want to know this result immediately.