Adding attributetypes and objectclasses with ldapmodify?

I have successfully added attributetypes and objectclasses following the methods outlined in creating a schema file
and including that file in my slapd.conf file.

I was wondering if I could do the same action using ldapmodify and a ldif file? Am I correct that this is not possible
using the openldap software but is possible with other vendor's implementations?

This is the ldif file which I was using...

dn: cn=schema
changetype: modify
add: attributetypes
attributetypes: ( NAME 'anyAccess' EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch SYNTAX '{1024}' )

dn: cn=schema dc=lxldap
changetype: modify
add: objectclasses
objectclasses: ( NAME 'PitBull' DESC 'PitBull' SUP person STRUCTURAL MAY ( anyAccess ) )

ldapmodify -x -D "cn=schema" -f ldif

Any help would be appreciated.