Disabling SASL Authentification?

Hi Folks,

How can I disable SASL authentification, when SASL support is compiled
in?

The thing is, we have one running LDAP-Server without SASL support (an
older one), and we want to install clients that query this server with
basic authentification.
However, the server will be upgraded next year, so installing the LDAP
libraries without SASL support and then again with SASL support would
be definitively more work than simply disabling the "disable-SASL"
option. But where is this option?

ldap.conf would be the right place I guess. But I cannot see if
SASL_SECPROPS is the right option and if it is, what to do with it.

Any help? :-)

Hoping For An Answer ... :-)

CU
Werner