Default authentication method

Hello *,

I am trying to use the postfix  MTA with open-ldap-client-2 package from SuSE
7.3 professional.
But I rushed into a problem:
When I use ldapsearch, I have to pass additional parameters: "-x -P 2" to get
results. But postfix cannot do this or yet I have not found out how it could.
When I use ldapsearch without this parameters I always get:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method

Because of this, I think postfix also has a bind problem.
So my question is:
Can I set a system wide default, that ldap client libs and all applications
always use simple authentication and protocol version 2?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany,
Sven Eisenhauer
Sven Eisenhauer, Danet Internet Solutions GmbH
Business Unit eBusiness and System Services
Gutenbergstr. 10, 64331 Weiterstadt
Phone.: +49 61 51 86 86 44   Fax.: +49 61 51 86 86 66