[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: LDAP transaction frontend API
- To: "OpenLDAP Mailing List" <email@example.com>, <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: LDAP transaction frontend API
- From: "OpenLDAP Mailing List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:48:45 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcFmXBvftPdTY3ldSSCTvtE9eOxelgAAIgdA
- Thread-topic: LDAP transaction frontend API
Well, I think I found half the answer:
Kurt, is this at all implemented in OpenLDAP?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: OpenLDAP Mailing List
> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 6:44 PM
> To: 'email@example.com'
> Subject: LDAP transaction frontend API
> Assuming the backend were capable of transactions (back-sql
> with oracle, back-shell, back-ldbm patched for Berkeley DB
> transactions, etc.), how would the frontend deal with transactions?
> Are there any RFCs to regulate the communication between the
> client and server (start trans, commit, rollback, etc.) or is
> this all vendor-specific ad hoc? Has anybody done work here?