[Date Prev][Date Next]
LDAP transaction frontend API
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: LDAP transaction frontend API
- From: "OpenLDAP Mailing List" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:43:53 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcFmXBvftPdTY3ldSSCTvtE9eOxelg==
- Thread-topic: LDAP transaction frontend API
Assuming the backend were capable of transactions (back-sql with oracle,
back-shell, back-ldbm patched for Berkeley DB transactions, etc.), how
would the frontend deal with transactions?
Are there any RFCs to regulate the communication between the client and
server (start trans, commit, rollback, etc.) or is this all
vendor-specific ad hoc? Has anybody done work here?