Could not locate TLS/SSL package

I'm trying to run "./configure" for OpenLDAP on Solaris 8 and receive
the following warning:

   configure: warning: Could not locate TLS/SSL package
   configure: warning: TLS privacy protection not supported!

I installed OpenSSL in /opt/local/ssl.  The OpenSSL header files are in
/opt/local/include/openssl and it looks like the lib files are in
/opt/local/lib

I ran ./configure with the following options with no success:

   env CC=gcc CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include/openssl
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib ./configure --prefix=/opt/ldap --with-wrappers
--with-ldbm-api=gdbm

I don't know what else to try... any suggestions?

--
Andy Cravens
acravens@uen.org