duplicate attributeTypes?

Hello,
     I am currently migrating a (messed-up) Netscape directory
server schema, at, oc to openLDAP and am running into some
strange problems.  Namely when I try to start slapd it complains
about "Duplicate attributeType" I search for the attribute in
question and find it defined only once in my schema and at
files.  I do not see it in any of the standard stuff so I can't
see a collision there.  The attributes are:

	userpassword
	givenname
	preferreddeliverymethod
	telephonenumber
	facsimiletelephonenumber
	streetaddress
	postalcode

I am planning to (eventually) prefix them with the company name
(I find non-prefixed names disturbing as they might collide with
one standard or another) but right now I can't (it would involve
code changes).  Why am I getting these duplicate errors?