Re: help w/ ACL

I think the problem is that when the server process the access to the entry
(o or cn entries), it finds that the target "*" is also valid for this access
("*" means all the entries). So, it tries to match the user connected with
one of the 'by' entries and, as any of these entries will match with a normal
user, it denies the access.

In order to avoid this you can use:

access 	to * attr=o,cn
     	by * read

access 	to *
     	by self write
     	by anonymous auth
	by * read

You have to put first the attribute acl. I hope it helps.

Jorge