problem assigning acls programmatically in java

Hi ,
  I am developing an ldap client using JNDI/java.  My client is a swing
client.  I can provide the client with the basic features like
adding/deleting entries.  But how it is possible to provide the administrator
to directly modify the acls.  Is there any programmitic solution of updating
or else i have to update my slapd.conf file and restart the server for each
update.
                           I will be greatful if anyone provides me some good
solution.

M.Raghu Babu