Re: bulk copy 20 Million entries

Hi,

On Die, 02 Okt 2001, steve smith sent incredible lines:
> that's weird, I did import 1 million entries and it took me about 12 hours on the
> 2 processor Linux Box with 2 G of RAM... I hope that OpenLDAP can import 20 millions
> in a day max...that is our requirement before piloting the directory server...
[...]

Did you make any performance measurement while inserting the
entries, things like a history which prozess use what amount of
memory and CPU? I think to make suggestions on how long this will
take it's necessary to know much about the system and the hardware
inside your box to see how it scales and if the import slows down
when the db size grows up to size XY. Otherwise it's more like
guessing game.

... may the Tux be with you! =Thomas=
--
Thomas Bendler           \\://                      ml@bendler-net.de