Re: Backup

Hi!
I used some small grep-commands...

------
grep -v "creatorsName" export.ldif > export2.ldif
grep -v "createTimestamp" export2.ldif > export3.ldif
grep -v "modifiersName" export3.ldif > export4.ldif
grep -v "modifyTimestamp" export4.ldif > export5.ldif
rm export.ldif
rm export2.ldif
rm export3.ldif
rm export4.ldif
------

You could certainly save some typing work by piping this through one
command-line or putting that in a script, but this method has had to
much problems for me that I didn't do that yet.
Problem with this method is that these timestamps are gone, and thats
bad if you need them.
Another problem I've hab with *.ldif-exports for backup:
When the export isn't in structured order, you get
"parent does not exist"-errors and the restore fails.
Do you know a work-around for this?

Timo