[Help for newbie] How to compile OpenLDAP 2.0.14 with iODBC 3.0.5 ?

Hello,

I need to install OpenLDAP with a SQL backend. In the 'Install' doc of back-sql it is said :

"provided that you have iODBC/unixODBC libraries and include files in include/library paths".

OK, first I downloaded the .rpm file and installed it. But when I tried to configure (./configure --enable-sql) OpenLDAP, I had an error (could not locate suitable ODBC library). I thought I should download the .tar.gz instead.
I removed the .rpm and now I have decompressed iodbc-3.0.5.tr.gz

In the tree of iODBC I have a directory called 'Include'. Do I copy its files (isql.h, isqlext.h, config.h.in,  ...) in the 'Include' directory of OpenLDAP ?
There is no directory called 'Libraries' for iODBC. Are they in the directory called 'iodbc' ?

Another question : the MySQL server is not on the same computer that OpenLDAP (neither the same LAN). Is there something to configure or tune ?

Thank you for your help

OPB