From: oberwetter, josh [mailto:joberwetter@grownetwork.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 8:46 PM
To: 'openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org'
Subject: indexing problem on Solaris 7

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.0.11 on Solaris 7.

I've added entries to my directory, and now I want to index them using
slapindex.
Here are the relevant lines from the slapd.conf file:

index           objectClass     pres,eq
index           cn,sn           pres,eq
index           uid,ou          pres,eq,subfinal

I've tried to run slapindex just as I've always done on RedHat Linux, for
example:
/usr/local/sbin/slapindex -b dc=mycompany,dc=net
However, only indexes for ou and objectClass are generated. The others don't
appear.

What gives?
I've been through the exact same process with the exact same data set using
2.0.11 and Linux without any problems.)