ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

Hi,

Recently I installed OpenLDAP 2.0.11 and Cyrus SASL 1.5.24.
When I try the following request:

  ldapsearch -I -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechanisms

I keep getting the answer:

  ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

I do want to use SASL Authentication, but anyway, if I use
-x instead of -I no supportedSASLMechanisms are shown...?

How do I enable that?

Cyrus SASL was compiled with its default settings (ie.: it
had CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 enabled for example) and LDAP
was compiled --with-cyrus-sasl and --enable-spasswd.

For the slapd.conf the only change is that the rootdn is
set to:

  rootdn  "uid=admin + realm=ldapserver"

and commented the rootpw.

Of course "admin" was included in sasldb with the realm
"ldapserver"

Thanks for any advice,
Stéphane