[Date Prev][Date Next]
FW: Can I delete a subtree?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: FW: Can I delete a subtree?
- From: Spinoglio Luigi <Luigi.Spinoglio@TILAB.COM>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:59:56 +0200
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcEwrts1Ozgk55yTEdW8IQCAXw03DwAegOOw
- Thread-topic: Can I delete a subtree?
I have a doubt about controls and extended operation in OpenLDAP.
Does exist a control to force the removal of an entry AND its subtree ?
I'm using JNDI to access and operate my LDAP server, so I'm forwarding a
brief mail exchange about the question.
Thanks a lot for the help
> Luigi Spinoglio wrote:
> > >It's not that JNDI does not have a function to delete a subtree.
> > >It's that the LDAP protocol does not have a function to delete
> > >a subtree.
> > But why then can I delete an entry with its subtree with
> ldapdelete and GQ ?
> > Do THEY recurse somehow ?
> > >If you're accessing Active Directory then you can
> > >use their TreeDelete LDAP control. You can activate
> > >that control in JNDI using code like:
> > Isn't there a similar control for ldap directory (in
> particular i'm using an OpenLDAP server)
> OpenLDAP doesn't support the TreeDelete control.