RE: Simple LDAP db help

Hi,

Ihave included my slapd.conf and my test.ldif file I'm using. Can anyone
take a quick glance and see if something stands out.

I can start openldap but when I add the test.ldif it says:
[root@test openldap]# ldapadd -x -D "cn=John
Doe,dc=appliedtheory,dc=com" -W -f test.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "uid=jdoe, dc=appliedtheory, dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32

Thanks in Advance,

+-------------------------+
|Keith Conger
|Unix Engineer
|AppliedTheory
|(315)453-2912 x5813
|kconger@appliedtheory.com
+-------------------------+
+------+System Info+------+
SunOS metroid 5.8 sun4u
 11:15am  up 12 day(s), 3 hr(s),  1 user,  load average: 0.44, 0.45, 0.53

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Barnes, Todd wrote:

> I did my initial testing by hacking a copy of one of the built-in tests
> scripts.  I modified the populate test so that it did not exponge the
> entries upon completion.  The db is then left with definitions for the test
> subjects which can be modified and queried - simple and easy.
>
> T. Barnes
> "In dog years, I'm already dead..."

dn: uid=jdoe, dc=appliedtheory,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: account
objectclass: posixAccount
uid: jdoe
cn: John Doe
userPassword: doink
gecos: John
loginShell: /bin/csh
uidNumber: 1000
gidNumber: 1000
homeDirectory: /home/jdoe
include		/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

pidfile		/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile	/usr/local/openldap/var/slapd.args

database	ldbm

suffix          "dc=appliedtheory,dc=com"

rootdn		"dc=appliedtheory,dc=com"

rootpw		secret

directory	/usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-ldbm