[Date Prev][Date Next]
NULL base suffix
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: NULL base suffix
- From: "Serikstad, Kevin (CCI-Atlanta)" <Kevin.Serikstad@cox.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:25:36 -0400
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcEvESGAimTfxtvrSZeFqDBhDZPJIAAAuP8g
- Thread-topic: ldapsearch filter - bad filter !!!!
Does anyone use OpenLDAP as a root directory server with an "ldbm"
backend. I'm attempting to do this so that customer accounts used for
web hosting and e-mail addresses with various domain components can be
provisioned without needing to reconfigure slapd when new domain
In other words, I'd like to be able to setup slapd.conf with a null base
For some reason, I have seen many messages where someone says you don't
want to do this, but many commercial products I work with do. InterMail
KX, for example, uses the Sleepy Cat Berkeley DB (ldbm) in this fashion
as do I, but a null suffix does not appear to work for me. Netscape
allows it as well.
Anyone have any thoughts?