RE: openldap is dog-slow???

	We are seeing poor performance at this point, but looking for
suggestions/ideas to improve things.  It takes the OpenLDAP server about
26-30 seconds to return a search of (objectClass=posixAccount) on a 7,000
account server.  We have the OpenLDAP 2.0.11 server running on a RedHat 7.1
server, nss_ldap-149-4 and the latest RPM updates from RedHat.  This is a
PIII-550 with 512MB of RAM, mirrored drives and only a couple of developers
using it at once.  The load average is well below 0.2 most of the time.  We
have tried using db3 and gdbm backend databases for storage and did not
really see any difference in either.  We do have objectClass indexed so that
is not the issue.

* Larry A. Weidig (lweidig@excel.net)
* Excel.Net,Inc. - http://www.excel.net/
* (920) 452-0455 - Sheboygan/Plymouth area
* (888) 489-9995 - Other areas, toll-free