building rpms

Has anyone built RPMs of recent releases?  There's no spec file
distributed with the source (as far as I can tell), and I'm not an rpm
expert.  Ideally, I'd like to build srpms that I can use on my different
servers (which are different versions of RedHat).  I need to install the
equivalant of the RH distributed rpms called "openldap", "openldap-devel",
"openldap-servers", and perhaps "openldap-clients".

Thanks.

--
Steve Schultze - sjs@gospelcom.net
      now playing: The Sea and Cake - Two Dophins