Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method

--On Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 09:50 -0700 David Abouav <abouav@DeCru.com> wrote:

ldapsearch -v -d 1 -h "my host" -p 389 -X "my authzid" -Y "GSS-SPNEGO" -W
-D "my binddn" -P 3 "my filter"

The program runs and then gives this error:

ldap_perror

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method

I found out that the call to sasl_client_start is failing, thus causing
the program to halt. But I don't know why it's failing, since I'm
specifying an SASL mechanism that my server supports.

The Cyrus SASL library, which is used in OpenLDAP, does not support GSS-SPNEGO. If you build Cyrus SASL with the MIT or heimdal Kerberos libraries, it will support GSSAPI tough.

-- Norbert Klasen DAASI International GmbH phone: +49 7071 2970336 Wilhelmstr. 106 fax: +49 7071 295114 72074 Tübingen email: norbert.klasen@daasi.de Germany web: http://www.daasi.de