having more privileged users

Hi,

Sorry to repost but I had no answer....
Maybe I wasn't understood....

Here is what I want :

I want to be able to bind as a user (who's not manager) who will be able to do a search and find the DN of every entry in my LDAP.
How is this possible ?
How should I do ?
Is this a good solution ?

Prune

Prune wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know how to add privileged users, as manager" to my
ldap.

What I want is to be able to bind and retriew secials infos, then bind
again as the right user.
As my DN relflect domain name, I want to be able to create this user at
the same level as manager. So I want a :
dn : cn=imap, dc=lecentre, dc=net

Then I'll be able to retriev infos and bind user xx to the good DN
(thanks to acl):
uid=xx, ou=users, ou=lecentre.net, dc=lecentre, dc=net

The point is to add ldap backend in a php tool, without having to use
the manager account.

Any idea ?

Prune

--
- le Centre - a Mad Cow Tribe product

(Very uncommon, but we should please everybody anyway, even disturbed minds)