slapd does not bind to port

Hello list,

I am having problems to run OpenLDAP on OpenBSD 2.9. I am using the
sample configuration.
I can start slapd and it continues running in the background but it does
not bind to port 389 as it should or to any other port i specify.
It seems to create a unix socket instead. However the client programs
(ldapsearch) seem to insist to connect to the server over a tcp port.
I read the manpages and searched the mailing lists but with no luck. I'm
sure i missed out some config options. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Heinrich Rebehn
SysOp
University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341